Citizens Sheriff's Academy
The Citizens Sheriff's Academy is presented for citizens who are interested in learning more
about how the Hancock County Sheriff's Office operates. The Academy also addresses the challenges
faced in today's world. Participants in each session commit to meeting for 10 sessions, 3 hours per session,
to learn about all factions of the Hancock County Sheriff's Office. Classes are conducted by law
The Academy covers most aspects of the Sheriff's Office.
Each session contains unique insight into the many facets of law enforcement and the Sheriff's Office, including the differences between the duties of the Sheriff's Office and other law enforcement agencies. The ten sessions will include the items listed below.
- Sheriff's Duties & Administration
- Traffic Enforcement
- Detective Division
- Domestic Violence / Search & Seizure
- School Resource Officers / Crime Prevention / Community Policing
- Corrections / Jail Tour
- Transport Warrant / Court Security
- Fire Investigations / K-9 Unit
- Rehabilitation Center (ROC)